I dubbed this a “Throwback Thursday” post because technically I posed it already when attempting to start a different blog. So since this hasn’t been posted here I thought I would share! 🙂
William Shakespeare said “the eyes are the window to your soul”…which means they deserve extra attention while getting ready! Here are some of my go-to every day products as of lately:
1. Urban Decay Eye Primer – I never put on my eye makeup without this stuff. It really does make it your eye makeup last all day, and eliminates the dreaded crease! The tube itself also lasts a really long time. I purchased my tube of the “Greed” shade over 2 years ago and I am still squeezing out the last bits. The “Greed” is a goldish color that looks pretty on its own if you are in a hurry or don’t want to wear a lot of makeup (confession – I have worn this while running a half marathon…I live in Dallas – this is standard practice!) I actually was almost heartbroken last week when realizing that Ulta and Sephora no longer carry my beloved “Greed”…but I soon realized it was still available online, and 50% off! Score!
2. Urban Decay Naked Palette – Step 2 of my eye makeup routine keeps up Urban Decay theme. This palette is worth every penny. I have used it almost every day for just over 2 years! I am more of a brown/gold/shimmery girl when it comes to eye shadow so this kit had a lot of shades I was drawn to. My favorite shades are Toasted, Smog, Half Baked, Dark Horse, and Sin. I am currently now out of 4/5 of those shades so it looks like I need to pick up a replacement asap! I use Creep and Gunmetal if I am attempting a “smoky eye” look.
3. Black Kohl Eyeliner – I only wear eye liner along the bottom lid line and I actually have no idea what brand of eyeliner I currently use. I usually find one I like and use it for a year or so or whenever it gets too short! Usually the ones described as a “kohl eyeliner” go on smoother than the regular cheap pencils.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder – “What? I thought this was an eye makeup post?” you are probably thinking. Well this is a little trick I read about recently that will rock your world. After applying my primer, eye shadow, and eye liner I run a small makeup brush into the same pressed powder I use all over my face and then brush it all over my lashes (top and bottom). This is supposed to help help give the illusion of longer lashes since mascara will “grab on” to the ends better and look longer. I think it makes a difference and try to do this if I have time and am feeling glamourous!
5. L’oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara – I discovered this gem about a year ago after asking a friend if she had lash extensions. She told me no, and let me in on her drugstore treasure! I tend to “Mascara Hop” and use different brands every day but this is my favorite. It never seems to get clumpy and really makes each individual lash stand out. I think that the powder trick in #4 works really well with this mascara.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows and Eyes – This brow kit really finishes off my eye look. It comes with eyebrow stencils, wax, 2 shades of powder (I use the blonde kit and usually mix the 2 shades together), and 2 shades of highlighter. I don’t use the stencils as much as I did when I first got this kit, but they are a big help with making my brows look shaped when my brows are in need to a shape up. I always feel extra put together when I finish my eye makeup look with the brow powder, but lately seem to only use it for a night out (gotta cut back somewhere when you are rushing out the door every morning!)There you have it! Hope you found a new product to try out! 🙂