Well after dusting off this ol blog I found this post I typed up almost a year ago in Feb 2013 that I never posted.
Well hello there blog…it’s been awhile, eh? I was hit with some writing inspiration today so I thought I would run with it. As the “winter” season wraps up, I started to think about all of my winter favs I will soon bid farewell for awhile. Today, I realized that I was wearing 3 of these items!
Dear Express Red Jeans – oh how I love you! I have definitely worn you the most out of all my skinny jeans and I am sure you are the envy of all my other skinnies because I think they have caught on I like you the best. I can’t help it – you are sassy, loud, fun, and are so versatile! I love finding new ways to wear you. Don’t you worry, I plan to squeeze as much use out of you before pants are no longer comfortable to wear in the hot Texas heat!
Dear Tan Polka Dot Old Navy Sweater – You were on my radar as soon as I saw you pop up all over Pinterest. I was dying to pair you with my turquoise skinnies but I searched and searched and couldn’t find you in my size anywhere! Just when I was about to give up, I spotted you on one of those
creepy “SuperModelquins” in my size and I politely asked a salesperson to strip you off of her and we have been together ever since. I have found several different ways to wear you, and hope to continue our relationship throughout the spring! PS You also almost made me lose my iPhone because I was so excited about finding you, I left my phone in the dressing room and luckily an employee found it and brought it up front as I was checking out. #crisisavoided
Homegirl 2nd from the left and I share the same fashion taste…I stripped her of another shirt recently too! Sorry girlie!
Dear Steve Madden Intyce Boots – Even though it seems like every girl in Dallas owns you, I know I am your one and only. I bought you last year and wore you so much that I had to take you in to get your soles repaired before the start of the winter season (January 2014 edit: I also ended up getting the soles fixed a 2nd time in April 2013 before my trip to Spain…and they probably need a 3rd repair after all the use I got out of them while abroad!), but you have been as good as new ever since! I also noticed that you are on sale right now…which instantly made me angry (because I love a good deal) but now I am considering purchasing your fraternal twin in black. Would you be jealous??
January 2014 update – I do still own and love all 3 of those articles of clothing! I never did purchase the above mentioned “fraternal twin” of the Intyce boot, but I am proud to announce that my boot family has grown by 2 members with the purchase of the following 2 pairs of Miz Mooz with the encouragement of Schaeffer over at Pinterest Told Me To.
I almost feel a little silly that I have these in both brown and black but I first got the black pair during the Anniversary sale at Nordstrom this summer and couldn’t wait until fall to bust them out. But since it basically went from summer to winter here in Dallas, I didn’t realize my love for these boots until November which was perfect timing for me to snag the brown pair on Cyber Monday! Double score! I was in the market for a new brown pair because during my 2013 trip to Spain during the “coldest spring Madrid has had since the 1920s” I ended up wearing my Steve Madden pair every day and night so I have grown a little tired of them (and they are pretty worn).
Today is my 28th birthday (this is being posted exactly at my time of birth!) so I thought I would reflect on 27 of my favorite memories from my 27th year:
(in chronological order)
- Aggie football weekend with my family
- Dressing up as Katy Perry for Halloween 2011
- Rock n Roll San Antonio Relay w/ my sister Lauren
- Vegas with some awesome kids to celebrate Andrew and Hayes’ B-Days!
- Surviving the White Rock Half Marathon in freezing rain (and dressed as a penguin!)
- Jenn’s awesome Christmas party in my nutcracker costume
- Ringing in 2012 with some of my favorites
- Frank’s epic going away party
- Snuggie Pub Crawl in my nontraditional Snuggie
- Mardi Gras 2012 – enough said!
- Shaving 13 minutes off my half marathon time at the Cowtown
- Stephanie’s Bridal Shower in SA – The premiere of J&J Events
- St Patty’s Day shenanigans
- My first trip to Chicago, and PRing again at the Chi Town Half (by 30 seconds, but still a PR!)
- Random April tornado that totaled out Stanley the Sebring…but resulted in the new Howie the Honda
- Stephanie and Brandon’s couple’s shower and my parents visiting Dallas
- Rebecca’s visit to Dallas where she asked me to be her Maid of Honor
- Finishing up my provisional year in the Junior League of Dallas
- Napa trip with Jenn and Elana
- My sister Lauren’s visit to Dallas for the LMFAO concert and uptown shenanigans
- Stephanie’s Bachelorette party – Call Me Maybe?!?!?!
- My cousin/first/best friend’s wedding to one of the greatest guys I know
- 4th of July shenanigans with my partner in crime, Julie
- Cancun vacation with Julie, Una, and Katie
- Leah and Andrew’s shower for their sweet baby Graham
- Cousin trip to LA with Stephanie and Julie
- Boston trip to celebrate Elana’s Birthday (part 2 this weekend!)